Pages

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gunnar Fitness Challenge - Day 2

Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE bread? Bread fresh out of the oven smothered in butter. French bread, garlic bread, sweet rolls... and my new found love.. Pull apart lemon bread with bits of lemon sugar all gooey and crunch stuck to the sides and topped with a lemony cream cheese frosting..oh my yumminess.. *sigh*

I will eat you again one day just not in the enxt 8 weeks..  although bread isn't cut out, it is one of my biggest downfalls.. so I figured I will put temptation aside for the new few weeks.

Day two was pretty great. I am loving the menu, I can't say that I normally eat all of what is there mainly because I am not a big eater- I never have been except for bread- but what is there is tasty and NORMAL.

Day 2 menu -

Egg white omelette
Cheese and avocado toastie
BBQ spiced chicken
Various snacks
Baby bonus


Snack DetailsEnergy
1 cup vegetable sticks with 1 tbsp salsa29 calories
1 cup vegetable sticks with 1 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese35 calories
1 small piece of fresh fruit44 calories
½ cup fruit salad46 calories
1 cup mixed berries48 calories
Snacks under 100 calories
Snack DetailsEnergy
1 brown rice cake topped with 2 tbsp low-fat cottage cheese56 calories
10 almonds69 calories
1 hard-boiled egg78 calories
2 cups mixed salad with 2 tbsp low fat cheese and 2 tsp fat-free dressing79 calories
1 medium piece of fresh fruit89 calories
½ cup non-fat frozen yogurt
Snacks under 200 calories
Snack DetailsEnergy
6 strawberries dipped in ½ oz dark chocolate102 calories
1 cup non-fat milk blended with ½ cup berries and 1 tsp honey128 calories
1 slice raisin bread topped with 2 tsp reduced-fat peanut butter133 calories
1 slice whole wheat bread topped with 2 tbsp hummus and ½ tomato137 calories
1 whole wheat English muffin topped with 2 tsp jelly172 calories
1 slice whole wheat bread topped with ¼ avocado and 1 slice low-fat cheese198 calories

Of course each person has there own calorie intake so you can choose your snacks according to that.

The workout itself was not bad either  I think if you're pretty active it should be a breeze and just a warm up, but if you're getting into the groove of things for the first time..I'd say its challenging enough but not so much so that you're turned off by it.

0 comments: